Lagos is an ancient and dynamic coastal town in the Algarve, proud of its historic past – it played an important role in the Great Maritime Discoveries.
The centre of Lagos offers fine restaurants and shops, beautiful beaches and a vibrant night life.
- The churches: St. Maria, St. Sebastião, St. António
- The Municipal Museum
- The many beaches and coves
- The Fortress of Ponta da Bandeira
- The Museum Nucleus of the Slave Market Lagos Marina
- The Living Science Center of Lagos (Centro Ciência Viva de Lagos –CCVL)
- The Lagos Zoo (few kilometres outside Lagos)
- The ‘Boa Esperança’ Caravel
- The Cultural Centre of Lagos